Factors to Consider When Choosing Buying Fruits
Eating fruits every day can help boost your immune system against diseases like obesity, heart attack, diabetics, and so on. Fruits have no cholesterol. Fruits are rich in potassium, dietary fiber, folic acid which is important for body maintenance. No single fruit can provide the essential nutrient needed for the body. Eat varieties of it.
Tips to know when buying fruits
There are different types of fruits in the market which are easily affordable. Here are some factors to consider while buying your fresh fruits.
- Don’t buy fruits that are damaged or bruised. Fruits that are the damage can easily get spoilt before eating and thereby allow microorganisms to grow on it which can be dangerous to the body.
- Before buying give fruits a light squeezing to determine if it will be good for storage. Fruits should be firm while buying
- Choose vibrant colorful fruits. The color of the fruit will determine if it is ripe or not. Fruits should have a shiny appearance.
- Smell your fruits. The fragrance of ripe fruit should be pleasant or noticeable while picking it
- Buy seasonal fruits. Seasonal fruits are not expensive and are easily available in the market.
- Don’t buy a large quantity to avoid wastage.