Sausage Roll is a delicious snack that is generally loved by so many people. Sausage Rolls contains carbohydrates, fat, and protein. It is an energy-giving food.
Ingredients of Sausage Rolls
- 500g Flour
- 2 eggs for egg Wash
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 200g Margarine or melted butter
- 1 egg for the dough
- Cool Water(to your desired quantity)
- 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 500g of minced or ground sausage meat
- 2 stock cubes (knorr )
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or Cameron pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (optional)
Procedures of Making Sausage Rolls
1. Grind the sausage meat.
2. Mix the grounded meat; add ginger, nutmeg, black pepper, and crumbled stock cubes thoroughly to get all the spices in and set it aside.
3. In a sizeable bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix them well. Add the egg, mix, and add the margarine or melted butter. Mix well by rubbing the margarine into the flour; Continue mixing until the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
4. Now gradually add water, until you get a non-sticky dough.
5. Break the remaining egg, whisk it, and set it aside.
6. Grease or line a baking tray and set it aside.
Place the dough on a lightly floured table and knead for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes, then Cut out a bit of the dough, and using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat. Place some of the spiced sausage meat on the dough and fold the dough from one end to the other.
7. Now cut the rolled dough into two or more equal sizes (depending on the size of sausage roll you want). Transfer the sausages onto the greased/lined tray and repeat the process for the remaining dough.
9. Now bake in the Oven for 30 minutes or until the sausage rolls are lightly browned.