This article will teach you how to make Red Velvet Cake
- 1½ cup Vegetable oil
- 2½ cup Flour – Sifted
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon Red Colour
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
Preparations Of Red Velvet Cake
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Grease pans with butter, margarine or vegetable oil. After that, coat the pan with flour by sprinkling flour on the grease and shaking it to evenly distribute.
- This will help the cake not to burn and also come out easily from the pan after baking. You can also use 2 or 3 cupcake papers at a time so that the design on the cupcake will not be covered by oil
- Traditionally red velvet cake is made with vegetable oil but you can use butter as a substitute. Cream the oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one of the eggs and beat until well mixed then add the other and mix very well.
- Make a paste of cocoa and red food colouring and add to the creamed mixture. Mix salt, vanilla and buttermilk together (to make buttermilk, put one tablespoon of vinegar in a 1 measuring cup, and then add enough milk to fill the cup and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes).
- Now add the milk mixture and the flour to the creamed mixture bit by bit. Divide the flour into three parts and the milk into two.
- First, add the flour to the creamed mixture, add milk, add flour, then add the remaining milk and lastly add flour. Always end with flour.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar in a cup. It will start foaming immediately. Gently fold it into the cake. Folding means adding ingredients without beating or mixing vigorously.
- Just run the spatula around the sides of the bowl and gently raise the spatula so it’s like trying to scoop the batter or turn it over.
- Put the batter into the pan and bake until a knife or toothpick inserted into it comes out clean. Like I said earlier, the cake is very moist and yummy